Thursday, November 8, 2012

Student's Riot at Mississippi U.- Not happy with the election results.

Every now and then I get musically inspired by things that are going on  around me and of course there has been a song written for almost every occasion. That, coupled with the fact that we have available the likes of youtube and twitter and facebook, etc, means I get to share a lot of music with a lot of new friends. I'm loving it. I hope you all are as well.

 With the reelection of Barak Obama, thanks to a broad-based coalition of Americans that represent the future. Some students of Mississippi U. decided to riot as an expression of their dischord with those results. An action that reminded me of a Mississippi not that long ago that would persecute my people with impunity. Maybe they long for the good ol' days?

Here's some music to remember those good ol' days by.






It wasn't easy for our Latino brothers and sisters either.




No comments: