Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised




I won't forget the year I spent in the Bay Area. It was in the mid seventies, a long way from Montreal, which I had been my home for the past six or seven years. The music on the radio was very different from the stuff I had been lisening to in the east. I actually picked up a nice little Teac stereo cassette recorder, at the Alemeda Flea Market and used to record right off the radio. If I liked a piece, I'd keep it if not I'd rewind to the end of the last one and start again. That's how I discovered Gil Scott Heron - just noticed I was keeping quite a bit of his work. Finally I had to go out and buy it because the radio was just too slow.
On the podcast there are some choice selections along with some interesting vocals. CLICK HERE  and ENJOY

No comments: